Pauline Easby

Pauline Easby

Friday 11 November 2011

break through dye week

If you have read my previous blog you will know I have sepnt the last few weeks trying to dye a variety of silk fabric black.  Unfortunately, all I seemed to get was a teal blue, which was beautiful and I think I will use but for now I really needed a black.
As you can see from my title, I had a breakthroughfinally I got a black, not from adding or omitting certain dyes but simply by dying my fabric in a warm dye bath rather than a cold one. Im pretty ashamed to admit to this naive flaw, but in order to help anyone out there who has/ does shy away from using warm dye baths, I whole heartedly recommend them for acid dyes. The colours are more vibrant and absorb the dye quicker than cold dye baths .  Let me know your experiences in the dye lab. 

No comments:

Post a Comment