Pauline Easby

Pauline Easby

Tuesday 25 October 2011

collar of letters


This is another one of my drawings with a needle and thread. The idea was based on  around Queen Elizabeth 1, from 'The Virgin Lover' by Phillipa Gregory. Words have been sewn onto pleated fabric to highlight restraint. The Virgin white of the silk represents innocence, from ewhich then emenated passionate blood red,  painful red into deathly black bad blood.  The words are my interpretation of the loss of inhibition QE1 had due to her being in love, which was then turned to bitterness, feeling betrayed and finally treason.  I was hoping to achieve a mood of pain but I would appreciate  what you think. Perhaps it does not evoke anything perhaps it comes across more like a pattern  than a drawing. Let me know your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment