Pauline Easby

Pauline Easby

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Paris in February

I love Paris !!!!!!
I love everything about it, well not the  dog dirt and litter, although the later does have many interesting things amongst as I found out, when I kept picking up rusty washers, paper french flags, springs and two Capital letter E's which are now placed nicely on my Daughter's book cupboards as they represent her first and surname.
 But what else do I love and get inspired by Paris?

First of all the modern art museum or in french Musee D'Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris/ Arc.
The Raoul Duffy paintings were to die for, I was first introduced to Dufy as a young sixteen -seventeen year old, when I first began Art college in the middle1980s, and finally there I was standing in front of his work. I was pretty speechless. Good things do come to those who wait.

I apologise for this being upside down I still have not figured out how to turn the picture around.



The paintings were around an arch shaped room, from floor to ceiling,
Absolutely breathtaking.
I love this image on the right the patten behind the dripping painted words evokes a sense of political unease, a dual world where of rich and poor. I guess these are the aspects of life I find most interesting, that there are always two sides to everything. I guess that is why it is important for my work to have a concept that includes both historical and contemporary elements.


No comments:

Post a Comment